Wednesday 1 June 2011

Ummi's milk

I started breastfeed my baby last ten years ago. Ummphh...In 2001, breastfeeding was still not such a common task among mum in this country. However, I determined that my baby will only have my milk ..and no formula is allowed in their daily meal up to 6 months. After age of 6 months, I gave Ammar some puree foods like mix fruits, fish, meat and rice. As usual people, will keep asking one big question....
"badan kurus...ada susu ke?
"banyak ke air susu?

Well, I can't answer their question in a solid words. But, Ammar's body and his health answered them all. Ammar had his first fewer when he was one year and three months. He grew well with his weight at about 7 kg when he was 4 months old, and then his weight increased fast until he stopped breastfeed at 4 years old.

Similar routine, I applied to Farhan and I can claimed both boys have such a beautiful life with my milk nurturing them. I even breastfed two boys at one time and I enjoyed it much.

Now, Sufi has all the milk from me. And her growth does amazed me. She is such a happy sweet girl. Yeah, she started to crawl now with her age is only 4 months old. Can share me with her brothers. Of course, I usually let her sticking on my milk whilst helping her brothers with their homework. thanks to my pink pouch which assist me well in this multitasking job.

So, the moral of this entry...don't giving up your honour of milking your baby. Don't be stress thus it may reduce your milk production. Alhamdulillah, I can pump my milk up to 4 times a day with 10 oz(300 ml) in one session, hence I have my milk storage at least 200 oz everyday(accumulated from last two weeks storage).
Don't underestimate yourself....kurus x semestinya x ada susu. Pray to Allah and believe yourself. Yes I can!!!

Till next entry...since I have to pump my milk now before it burst...

No comments: